By making a booking with Cardiff Jet Ltd (“CJ”) you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions during your time with us.
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
CJ cruises are operated by Cardiff Jet Ltd. Tickets may be purchased either individually or a vessel may be hired exclusively (referred to as a “Private Charter”). The maximum number of persons allowed per boat is twelve or 12 (babies, toddlers and third party tour guides all count towards this final and maximum passenger number). Unless a boat has been chartered, groups of 12 persons will not always travel in the same boat, unless previously arranged with CJ.
All persons cruising on the vessel must pay for admission prior to boarding. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of CJ. Any person attempting to gain admission to the vessel without a valid ticket may be ejected from the vessel and its vicinity.
- All bookings are non-refundable. Payment is due at the time of booking. Due to the nature of the business when bookings are confirmed CJ immediately incur expenses and costs directly relating to your booking whilst we prepare for your arrival.
- All bookings are non-transferable, except at the complete discretion of CJ. Only in extenuating circumstances will bookings be considered for transfer and where at least a minimum of 48 hours’ notice of request is given via email, please note an administrative fee may apply of up to 50%.
- A minimum of eight passengers is permitted for each sailing, except at the absolute discretion of CJ. Vessels that are not filled by the minimum number will be rescheduled. Passengers will be contacted to arrange an alternate date and/or time to travel.
- CJ reserve the right to move your booking time or day due to operational needs or due to other company commitments. Sometimes governing bodies involved with the business may result in such changes becoming necessary.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that CJ operates. However, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to cancel any cruise at the say so of the Head Master. In the event of such cancellation, CJ will fully refund any visitor whose ride is cancelled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatsoever, including liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of the cancellation.
- In the unlikely event that the vessel has to make an emergency return to The London Eye Millennium Pier (or any other along route) CJ will not be liable for replacement tickets and/or refunds.
- All prices are in pounds sterling, no VAT is added to any booking.
- CJ reserve the right, where necessary to deviate from a vessel’s planned route. Please be aware, the river and river usage will on occasion dictate delays or alterations to the publicised route, where possible customers will be advised of any changes prior to sailing.
- Due to the nature of the business sailing times cannot be guaranteed, however, every effort will be made to keep on schedule.
- Speed restrictions apply at certain points along the river, CJ work closely with the Cardiff Harbour Authority “CHA” and Maritime Costal Agency “MCA” to ensure we maintain high levels of customer comfort and safety.
- All passengers should arrive at the designated departure point no less than 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Please be aware if you miss your scheduled departure you will not be eligible for a later booking or refund. If you are not present upon check-in for your pre-booked departure time our boarding team will endeavour to contact you, please ensure you provide us with a mobile telephone number that your lead passenger will have with them on the booking day.
- CJ will prioritise all customers against their booking times and never allow late running customers to have an impact on later departure times. CJ are not responsible for factors out of our control, for example; late running commuter services, traffic or parking difficulties (this is not an exhaustive list).
- From time to time CJ reserve the right to change the vessel your party are booked on, this will not affect passenger numbers or enjoyment of experience/transfer times.
- In the unlikely event of technical difficulties/technical failure regarding the on board sound system, CJ will not be liable for replacement tickets and/or refunds.
- On occasion CJ may act as a managing agent for larger group bookings where boats may be supplied by alternate companies. In this instance you will be covered by their insurance, duty of care and terms and conditions. CJ will not be liable for third party bookings.
- Breakdowns occur from time to time. In the event of a breakdown during a passage any action taken is at the sole discretion of the skipper. Passenger relocations or good will gestures will be reviewed on a ‘case by case’ basis by the office team once the nature of the breakdown and its impact on the trip have been fully established.
- Where CJ work with third party operators in any joint, public or add-on experience package only elements under CJ’s express control are guaranteed for delivery by CJ. Partner and public experiences are the responsibility of the third party supplier, as such their terms and conditions apply.
- Refunds may be issued in extenuating circumstances at the complete discretion of Cardiff Jet. All requests must be in writing and will be investigated on a case-by-case basis.
2. Medical Conditions & Pregnancy
- The decision to sail and the consequences of doing so are entirely at the passenger’s own risk. CJ does not accept any liability for personal injury, or injury to others and/or loss or damage.
- Without exception, expectant mothers are not permitted on-board at any stage of their pregnancy.
- CJ advises you NOT to travel if you have any historical or current backbone conditions or complaints. Be advised the river is an ever changing environment and the vessel may be subject to unpredictable movements. We are not medical experts so are unable to assess every situation individually; we simply advise you do not travel with us.
- If you have any historical or current backbone conditions or heart complaints and are happy to sail, you MUST inform your guide when prompted before departure and complete a medical disclaimer agreeing you are fit to travel with CJ.
- All boats can experience unpredictable movements that could aggravate existing medical conditions. You must inform us of any material fact, including medical conditions or disabilities, which may affect the skipper’s decision to carry you as a passenger, especially epilepsy, dizzy spells, diabetes, angina or any other heart conditions, back/bone conditions and pregnancy (this is not an exhaustive list).
3. Clothing and Safety Equipment
- CJ recommend your party to “dress for the weather” bearing in mind it is usually cooler on the river compared to the shoreside. All passengers should arrive in suitable attire which will not be damaged by exposure to river water or sunlight and in extreme circumstances hail or snow.
- CJ will make every effort to protect passengers possessions from getting wet whilst on the river. However, it is possible that passengers will experience spray from the river or in some cases water on the deck. CJ cannot take responsibility for any item of luggage or clothing damaged in these circumstances.
- All guests in your party will be offered a sailing jacket (and where necessary waterproof trousers and goggles) which they may or may not wish to wear. Life jackets are provided and must be worn at all times. Your guide will give a full safety briefing which will include full instruction on the inflation of life jackets in the event of an emergency.
- Please note if life jackets are manually inflated and/or damaged with intent and where no emergency has taken place, as lead name on this booking you will be charged £50.00 per jacket.
- All wet weather and safety equipment must be returned to CJ at the end of your experience with us. CJ will consider any items removed from the boarding area or vessel as stolen and issue a payment request to the lead passenger as a direct result.
- CJ accepts no responsibility if any personal belongings are damaged, lost or stolen at any time whilst on the pier.
4. Comfort and Wellbeing
- Passengers will not be permitted to board if CJ find that individual has:
- been convicted of a criminal offence which, in the opinion of CJ, is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors
- behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of CJ has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors
- used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
- shown signs of discourtesy, abuse or aggression to CJ crew.
- CJ prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken onto the vessel, visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched.
- It is prohibited to take onto the vessel any weapons including fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, flammable liquids or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article from vessels is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on the vessel itself.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited on the vessel unless previously agreed with CJ. CJ reserve the right to disembark any passenger at any time during the passage without payment of compensation if found consuming alcohol.
- Passengers deemed intoxicated will be denied entry at the complete discretion of CJ.
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited on the vessel itself and the boarding platform leading to the vessel (except for guide dogs and hearing dogs) without the express permission of CJ.
- Unnecessary noise, (such as that from the use of radio sets and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted on or in the vicinity of the vessel.
- CJ request you are respectful of our staff, other passengers and neighbours. Whilst on-board please refrain from offering obscurities, profanities or any indecent hand/body gestures to members of the public or other river users.
- No food or beverage of any nature may be consumed on the boat itself or on the boarding platform leading to the boat without express permission of CJ.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from CJ’s negligence, CJ, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any cruise undertaken and/or during evacuation from the vessel in the event of breakdown or accident.
- CJ cannot be held responsible for weather conditions during your experience. Without exception poor weather will not be deemed a valid reason to authorise relocation of any booking.
- Children are deemed to be 14 years and younger, any person with a child ticket must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Passengers must remain seated at all times during their experience except when directly instructed by a representative of CJ that it is safe to embark/disembark.
- We cannot take wheelchairs on-board our vessels, however disabled guests are welcomed but should be advised will need to come out of their chair (with their carer’s assistance) to board the vessel and must be able to sit unaided on-board. Our crew will assist where possible but unfortunately cannot carry guests on-board.
5. Private Transfers and Charters
- All vessels will be hired on a “Private Charter” basis. The maximum number of persons allowed per boat is twelve or 12.
- A vessel may only be privately chartered by persons aged 18 years or over.
- Please note Child: Adult ratio’s (without exception) are as follows, under 6 years=3 adults, 7 to 12 years=2 adults, 12+=1 adult.
- No ticket/booking may be resold without the previous written consent of CJ. If CJ reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the vessel without payment of compensation.
- CJ are able to suggest approximate timings based on the logistics of your booking, however, where there are elements out of our control we kindly recommend you contact all other event organisers and transport providers to check your specific timings independently prior to confirming your booking with CJ. CJ will beheld responsible for their service only.
6. Packages and Partnerships
- Cardiff Jet cannot accept responsibility for third party operations and experiences.
- Unless otherwise stated is is the customer’s responsibility to travel between venues and attractions in time for check-in.
- Hand Luggage (up to rucksack), there is sufficient room on board to keep hand luggage with you.
- Large luggage (suitcases), please contact the office at least 24 hours prior to your trip date in order to make prior arrangements.
- Buggies and wheelchairs, please contact the office at least 24 hours prior to your trip date to arrange storage of items.
- CJ will not be responsible for any belongings left behind and advise passengers to take all valuable with them.
- From time to time CJ or other authorised parties will carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on or in the vicinity of the vessel which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that CJ or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with CJ or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- CJ allow customers to take their own photography from their seats. We are not liable for any damage to equipment during this operation. Where customers request our employee to use their camera/recording equipment CJ will not be liable for any damage incurred as a result.
- Gift vouchers can be purchased on an individual or charter basis for any experience either online or over the telephone.
- Vouchers purchased at full RRP are valid for twelve months from the date of issue, both booking and sailing date should be within the redemption period.
- An extension of three months can be applied for and will incur a 25% administration fee as standard, an extension of six months will incur a 50% administration fee. The voucher needs to be active (within date) in order to apply.
- Up to two extensions can be applied for, after this time vouchers will automatically expire.
- Promotional vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of purchase (unless otherwise stated) including Red Friday and January sales. Extensions not applicable.
- Reseller/Third party/Agent vouchers will expire as per their relevant booking terms and conditions.
- Ensure to redeem and pre-book voucher online or by telephone to avoid disappointment.
10. Complaints and Feedback
- Any passenger complaints should be brought to the attention of the crew on the day of your booking.Following this, any further complaint should be put in to writing no less than seven days following your experience to info@Cardiff Jet.co.uk.
- Compliments and general feedback will be gratefully accepted to the same email address.
- CJ endeavours to respond to your correspondence within 72 hours, however, on occasion and where an internal investigation is necessary this can take longer.
11. Business Customers Only
- Unless a credit account has been agreed, all orders must be accompanied by payment in full. We reserve the right to clear cheques before releasing vouchers/confirming bookings. Where payment is to be made by cheque, make payable to “Cardiff Jet Ltd”.
- For credit account holders, payment should be made within 15 days of receipt of invoice. Late payment of invoices will result in the removal of any discount/credit offered. Vouchers are not sold on a sale or return basis.
- For amended bookings your commission should be added to the total quoted and/or invoiced amount prior to quoting your clients.
- No ticket may be resold without the previous written consent of CJ. If CJ reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the vessel without payment of compensation.
- Prices shown are in pounds sterling, no VAT is applicable. Where overseas transactions are being processed you should ensure the amount received covers the invoice in its entirety, taking into account current exchange rates.
- You will be responsible at all times for the behaviour and conduct of your clients and/or guests. It is your duty to ensure they have received and understood the terms and conditions prior to sailing.
- You may not use or adopt any of our trading names, trademarks, promotional images or other intellectual property rights (or those of any of our businesses) without having first obtained our written consent.
- You may not produce, distribute or otherwise use any such materials without our prior written approval.
- You will not use any such marks in combination with any other mark, name, word, device, symbol or logo without our prior written approval
- You will use such marks (including as respects colour, printing, style, typeface and proportion) only in the form directed by us.
- You will not do anything that in our absolute opinion could bring any such mark, us or our shareholders into disrepute or damage the good will attaching to any such mark or us.
12. Evening Passages
- CJ vessels are licensed to sail after sunset at a maximum speed of 12 knots. In the event of an evening passage all passengers will be provided with life jackets containing a safety light.
- Visibility when embarking/disembarking is greatly reduced at certain piers. Failure to follow crew or skipper instructions could lead to injury. Should injury occur where instructions have been ignored or not been followed CJ will not accept responsibility.
- Where visibility is reduced, CJ will make every effort to provide sufficient lighting for the safety of our passengers.
Cardiff Jet 2020 Company Registration Number